Work Inspiration delivered to Port Lincoln High School students
Work Inspiration is an employer-led campaign that transforms work experience to make young people’s first experience of the world of work more meaningful and inspiring. It is based on 3 core ‘insights’ consisting of personality profiling, looking behind the scenes at a range of companies and industries with related site visits, and listening to real-life career stories from employers to show that careers can actually happen in unpredictable ways.
Just recently Eyre Futures Incorporated partnered with National Australia Bank and local employers to deliver a Work Inspiration Program at the Port Lincoln Hotel for Port Lincoln High School students.
100% of students who completed feedback forms stated that they would recommend Work Inspiration to others, with 89% scoring the Program 5 out of 5.
The following feedback was provided in response to the statement “Things I liked about Work Inspiration were…”
- “Knowing how many jobs and opportunities there are out there is amazing.”
- “Learning that there is a lot more to a job than it seems and seeing what and where people work.”
- “The people, the experience generally and especially the things Ive learnt about NAB and possible careers.”
- Being treated like adults and not babied. I liked building relationships with the mentors and my peers I don’t really talk to.”
- “Working with others as a team and getting to know them.”
Thankyou to everyone who participated in this Program to make it a really valuable experience for all.