Tens of thousands of young Australians will visit a workplace for the first time this year. Work Inspiration is an employer-led campaign that transforms work experience to make young people’s first experience of the world of work more meaningful and inspiring. It is based on 3 core ‘insights’ consisting of personality profiling, looking behind the scenes at a range of companies and industries with related site visits, and listening to real-life career stories from employers to show that careers can actually happen in unpredictable ways.
Eyre Futures Inc has adopted the Work Inspiration model on Eyre Peninsula that has been running successfully in the UK for 4 years. As a partnership broker we have successfully partnered with corporate and large industry organisations to provide young people with a perspective of the world of work through a structured program that they would otherwise not have access to.
- A more structured program reducing the time taken away from their day to day business
- Address any liability and Work Health and Safety issues
This new work experience methodology gives young people:
- A more valuable look at the world of work
- More informed and ground-truthed ideas about different careers
- More meaningful career development opportunities
- The opportunity to stay living in regional Australia where they have support
What We Have Done
Eyre Futures has successfully run work inspiration programs for school students and young people out of school or out of work. We have tailored each program to suit the participants as well as employers who partner with us. This has meant that we have re-engaged local small business owners who disengaged from the traditional work experience model long ago.
The very first Work Exposure program delivered on Eyre Peninsula was in the agrifood sector which resulted in 73% of participants finding employment in the region, and recently we have partnered with National Australia Bank and local employers to deliver a Work Inspiration program for Port Lincoln High school students.
A Work Inspiration program for AgriFood Skills Australia with the seafood industry for young people out of school and out of work has been delivered and Eyre Futures are also part way through Work Inspiration programs in the aged care sector through partnering with Whyalla Aged Care Inc.
See the following articles about the Work Inspiration Program:
- Work Inspiration Masterclass
- Partnership with National Australia Bank and local employers to deliver a Work Inspiration Program to Port Lincoln High School students
- TAFE students gain experience – Whyalla News May 6th, 2014
For more information on the Work Inspiration Program, please contact:Jill Coates Manager – Port Lincoln Ph: 8682 4177 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you to our Partners/Sponsors